What You Earn
- Completion of the Project Management Strategy certificate will provide the project manager or team member with the knowledge and insight to successfully meet and embrace the challenges inherent in successful project completion. This is an intermediate program for people who have completed the Essentials of Project Management certificate or who have real-time experience working on or leading a project team.
- Designed for professionals who want to develop their understanding of the strategic, leadership, human resources, and operational aspects of project management.
- The program audience includes team members as well as PMs, middle managers, and stakeholders.
- The program introduces the concepts of the PMI-sponsored Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) as well as addressing the practical issues integral to achieving success. Participants will individualize their program by choosing from electives focused on different aspects of project management. Professionals will earn sixteen PMI PDUs for the completion of each class. These classes are not offered for university credit.
Anyone who has participated on a project teams knows that successful project delivery is more an art than a science. Many things have to come together to meet the project objectives on-time and on-budget. This series of courses prepare you to embrace the challenges head-on.
These are practical courses meeting real organizational needs and the knowledge will enhance your ability to grow and contribute within your organization or move easily to another environment.
Participants in this program will:
- Perform the leadership role inherent in successful project management.
- Manage the expectations of the project stakeholder.
- Manage risk at the project and organizational level.
- Successfully link project planning with corporate strategy.
- Manage portfolios while juggling priorities, clients, and budgets.
- Recognize and implement recovery techniques when necessary.
- Transform business processes and information needs into agile systems.
Student earn this certificate by:
- Completing the Essentials of Project Management certificate program and three courses (one required and two electives).
- Completing four onsite courses (including two required and two electives).
Tuition for each Project Management Strategy course is $1350.
Learning formats and assessment:
- Classes are offered onsite.
- Class sizes are small, ranging from ten to twenty people.
- Courses are offered in a convenient two-day seminar format at the University of Chicago Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago.
- All materials and networking lunches are included in the tuition.
- Courses are offered on Thursdays and Fridays 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- Participants will be assigned pre-readings, expected to participate in highly interactive discussions and group work, and complete a take-home assignment due ten days after completion of the course.
- All students will be evaluated by course instructors and given a final grade for each course.
Who Should Attend?
Participants should have at least three to five years of experience leading project teams, or be a certified PMP with at least two years project management experience. Participants include:
- Experienced project managers and project coordinators responsible for project design and implementation.
- Project managers responsible for process-centric projects.
- Program managers who are responsible for multiple projects.
- IT managers, supervisors, or project leaders responsible for business analysis and project implementation.
- Business managers/supervisors, project sponsors, and other managers responsible for project “success”.