The Project Management Strategy certificate is designed for professionals who want to develop their understanding of the strategic, leadership, human resources, and operational aspects of project management.
Completion of the Project Management Strategy certificate will provide the project manager or team member with the knowledge and insight to successfully meet and embrace the challenges inherent in successful project completion. This is an intermediate program for people who have completed the Essentials of Project Management certificate or who have real-time experience working on or leading a project team.
The program introduces the concepts of the Project Management Institute (PMI)® -sponsored PMBOK® Guide as well as addresses the practical issues integral to achieving success. Participants will individualize their program by choosing from electives focused on different aspects of project management. Professionals will earn sixteen PMI® PDUs for the completion of each class. These classes are not offered for university credit.
Anyone who has participated on project teams knows that successful project delivery is more an art than a science. Many things have to come together to meet the project objectives on-time and on-budget. This series of courses prepare you to embrace the challenges head-on. These are practical courses meeting real organizational needs and the knowledge will enhance your ability to grow and contribute within your organization or move easily to another environment.
Participants in this program will:
- Perform the leadership role inherent in successful project management.
- Manage the expectations of the project stakeholder.
- Manage risk at the project and organizational level.
- Successfully link project planning with corporate strategy.
- Manage portfolios while juggling priorities, clients, and budgets.
- Recognize and implement recovery techniques when necessary.
- Transform business processes and information needs into agile systems.
Who Should Attend?
Participants should have at least one to three years of experience leading project teams, or be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP)® with at least two years project management experience. Participants include:
- Experienced project managers and project coordinators responsible for project design and implementation.
- Project managers responsible for process-centric projects.
- Program managers who are responsible for multiple projects.
- IT managers, supervisors, or project leaders responsible for business analysis and project implementation.
- Business managers/supervisors, project sponsors, and other managers responsible for project “success”.
*PMI, PMP, and the PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.