The Project Management Strategy certificate is designed for professionals who want to develop their understanding of the strategic, leadership, human resources, and operational aspects of project management.
Completion of the Project Management Strategy certificate will provide the project manager or team member with the knowledge and insight to successfully meet and embrace the challenges inherent in successful project completion. This is an intermediate program for people who have completed the Essentials of Project Management certificate or who have real-time experience working on or leading a project team.
The program introduces the concepts of the Project Management Institute (PMI)® -sponsored PMBOK® Guide as well as addresses the practical issues integral to achieving success. Professionals will earn sixteen PMI® PDUs for the completion of each class. These classes are not offered for university credit.
Professional Impact of a Project Management Strategy Certificate
Anyone who has participated on project teams knows that successful project delivery is more an art than a science. Many things have to come together to meet the project objectives on-time and on-budget. This series of courses prepare you to embrace the challenges head-on. These are practical courses meeting real organizational needs and the knowledge will enhance your ability to grow and contribute within your organization or move easily to another environment.
Project Management Students will Learn:
- Perform the leadership role inherent in successful project management
- Manage the expectations of the project stakeholder
- Manage risk at the project and organizational level
- Successfully link project planning with corporate strategy
- Manage portfolios while juggling priorities, clients, and budgets
- Recognize and implement recovery techniques when necessary
- Improve project management and product development with agile techniques
Who Should Apply for a Project Management Certificate?
Participants should have at least one to three years of experience leading project teams or be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) with at least two years project management experience. Participants include:
- Students who have already completed Essentials of PM, or equivalent coursework
- Participants who have not completed Essentials of PM but have at least 5 years of experience leading project teams
- Participants who are certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) with at least two years project management experience
- Experienced project managers and project coordinators responsible for project design and implementation
- Project managers responsible for process-centric projects
- Program managers who are responsible for multiple projects
- IT managers, supervisors, or project leaders responsible for business analysis and project implementation
- Business managers/supervisors, project sponsors, and other managers responsible for project “success”
Resources for Current Students and Alumni
The Professional Development team provides various services to students including webinars, networking events, and an alumni scholarship program. Current students and alumni are encouraged to learn more about the Student Advisory Board.
*PMI, PMP, and the PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.