Learning and professional development doesn’t end once you graduate and neither does your time at the University of Chicago. The Alumni Scholar program gives Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics graduates the opportunity to continue their education by returning to their program to take additional courses at a significant discount.
To be eligible for the Alumni Scholar program, you must be a graduate of the MSc in Biomedical Informatics program.
As an Alumni Scholar, you are eligible to take classes in the MScBMI program. You cannot take discounted courses in other programs.
Alumni Scholars have full access to University of Chicago Library resources and will have an active CNetID and university ID card during the terms they are registered for classes. Alumni Scholars are also eligible for student health insurance programs.
Course schedules are available in Class Search.
Priority enrollment is given to students who are currently completing their degree. Course registration for Alumni Scholars will open after University Registration week.
Alumni Scholars must complete any required prerequisites before enrolling in a course.
New and returning Alumni Scholars need to submit a course registration request for every quarter they plan to take a course.
First course: Free
Subsequent courses: $2,500 per course (2018/19 Academic Year).
Tuition for subsequent courses is subject to increase in future academic years.
How to apply
To become an Alumni Scholar, you need to complete a short application. Applications will be approved by the MScBMI Program Director. Applications are approved on a rolling basis.
Summer 2019 (June 24 – August 31, 2019)
- Deadline for new Alumni Scholar applications: June 8, 2019
- Registration period for new and returning Alumni Scholars: June 10 – June 14, 2019
Autumn 2019 (October 1 – December 14, 2019)
- Deadline for new Alumni Scholar applications: September 14, 2019
- Registration period for new and returning Alumni Scholars: September 23 – September 27, 2019
Winter 2020 (January 6 – March 21, 2020)
- Deadline for new Alumni Scholar applications: November 22, 2019
- Registration period for new and returning Alumni Scholars: December 2 – December 6, 2019
Spring 2020 (March 30 – June 13, 2020)
- Deadline for new Alumni Scholar applications: February 28, 2020
- Registration period for new and returning Alumni Scholars: March 9 – March 13, 2020