Welcome to Summer Session at the University of Chicago.
Online applications for the 2015 program will open mid-January 2015.
You can browse this year's course offerings on the 2015 Summer Session website.
Summer Session begins Monday, June 22 and courses or programs are 3-6 weeks in length. Students may choose from the University’s Summer Quarter offerings for undergraduates in the College, or may apply for dedicated high school-only programs taught at the college level. Housing is available on-campus in the South Campus Residence Hall, for the full collegiate experience. In addition, Summer Session students have access to all campus resources, including the libraries, athletic facilities, and arts centers on campus.
2015 High School-Only Programs:
- American Law and Litigation
- Ancient Egyptian Language, Culture, and History
- Biotechnology in the 21st Century
- Challenge and Change: Field Studies in Urban Society
- Chicago Theatre: Performing in Ensemble, Developing New Work*
- Contagion: Infectious Agents and Emerging Diseases
- Creative Writing: Fiction
- Collegiate Writing: The Art of Dreams
- Developmental Psychology: Theories and Techniques
- Getting to Green: The Business Case for Sustainability
- Research in the Biological Sciences (RIBS)
- Rocky Mountain Ecology: A Wyoming Field Study*
- Stones and Bones: A Practicum in Paleontology
- The Physics of Stars: Their Structure and Evolution
- The Traveling Academy: Exploring the Classical World through Greek Drama
*New programs for Summer Session 2015!
Popular High School-Only Programs tend to fill up, so we recommend you apply early to earn a space in your preferred program.
2015 Undergraduate Subject Areas:
- Art History
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- English Language and Literature
- Environmental Studies
- Human Rights
- Music Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Policy
- Social Sciences
- Visual Arts
If you have any questions about the 2015 program or would like to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.834.3792. You may also complete the Request More Information form at right. We hope to see you next summer!