Welcome to Summer Session at the University of Chicago.
Online applications for the 2016 program will open mid-November 2016.
You can browse this year's course offerings on the Summer Session website.
Summer Session begins Monday, June 20 and courses or programs are 3-6 weeks in length. Students from other colleges and universities may choose from the University’s Summer Quarter offerings for undergraduates in the College; academically ambitious high school students may take undergraduate courses or may apply for dedicated high school-only programs taught at the college level. Housing is available on-campus in the Granville-Grossman Residence Hall, a modern, sunlit dorm designed to maximize residents’ comfort and social interaction. In addition, Summer Session students have access to all campus resources, including the libraries, athletic facilities, and arts centers on campus. We also have off-campus programs, such as the Chicago-in-Beijing Chinese language immersion program for undergraduate and graduate students, and a new special in Urban Studies for undergraduates.
2016 High School-Only Programs:
- UChicago Immersion
- American Law and Litigation
- Ancient Mummies and New Technology: The History and Science of Ancient Egyptian Sacred Animal Cults*
- Biotechnology in the 21st Century
- Challenge and Change: Field Studies in Urban Society
- Chicago Theatre: Performing in Ensemble, Developing New Work*
- Contagion: Infectious Agents and Emerging Diseases
- Creative Writing: Fiction
- Collegiate Writing: Awakening Into Consciousness
- Developmental Psychology: Theories and Techniques
- Getting to Green: The Business Case for Sustainability
- The Physics of Stars: Their Structure and Evolution
- Explorations in Neuroscience: Neurons, Behavior, and Beyond*
- Research in the Biological Sciences (RIBS)
- Stones and Bones: A Practicum in Paleontology (a joint program with the Field Museum)
- Traveling Academy: Exploring the Classical World through Greek Drama (takes place in Greece)
- Arts and Sciences Summer in Asia (takes places in Beijing and Delhi)*
- Arts and Sciences Summer in Chicago*
*New for Summer Session 2016!
High School-Only Programs tend to fill, so we recommend you apply early to earn a space in your preferred program.
2016 Undergraduate Subject Areas:
- Art History
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- English Language and Literature
- Environmental Studies
- Human Rights
- Music Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Public Policy
- Social Sciences
- Theatre and Performance Studies
- Visual Arts
Undergraduates are also eligible to participate in these special programs:
- Chicago-in-Beijing (a Chinese language immersion study abroad program)
- Urban Studies (a new program in the theory and practice of urban policy research)
If you have any questions about the 2016 program or would like to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.834.3792. You may also complete the Request More Information form at right. We hope to see you next summer!