Upon successful completion of your certificate or degree program, you will be issued a diploma and honored in a school-wide convocation ceremony. Learn more below about how to apply to graduate and participate in related events.
Apply to Graduate
If you have completed one of the following certificates:
- Arabic Language and Cultures
- Clinical Trials Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Community Health Advocacy
- Financial Decision Making
- Integrated Marketing
- Leadership in Sustainability Management
- Medical Writing and Editing
- Patient Care Coordination
- Project Management
- Translation Studies
For all other certificate programs please contact your program manager to request your certificate.
Degree students apply to graduate until the end of the first week of the same quarter in which they will be completing their curriculum requirements or in a subsequent quarter. A degree application is only valid for the quarter in which it is made. A fee will be charged for each degree application that is cancelled after the fifth week of the quarter in which it is filed. For fee information, visit the UChicago Bursar's Fees page. Submit a degree application through the myUChicago portal.
Graham School Wide Convocation Ceremony
During the spring quarters, the Graham School honors its degree and certificate candidates in an afternoon school-wide ceremony. Degree candidates graduating in spring and certificate candiates, including those who have received a certificate over the academic year, are invited. At the ceremony, candidates march in a formal academic procession into the auditorium theater at the International House. They are then photographed as each is formally awarded a degree or certificate. Afterwards, the celebration continues at a reception.
Friends and family of candidates are welcome to attend.
Questions about the event? Email Julia Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates RSVP by May 19.
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2015
- For Candidates
The following students are eligible to participate:
- Degree Students who have completed their program in the 2014 spring quarter by June 6, 2015
- Certificate students who have completed their program (or will complete it) between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015. By completed, candidates fulfill all curricular requirements, including having received passing grades for graded courses, and passed, when applicable, all prescribed examinations. Certificate students who expect to complete their program by June 30, but who have not by June 1, will receive a blank certificate at the ceremony and an official certificate once their program of study is completed.
Guest Policy: All family and friends are welcome. Let us know how many guests you will be bringing when you RSVP.
Appropriate Attire: Convocation is a formal and traditional ceremony. We ask that candidates wear attire and adornment that is appropriate for the occasion. Degree recipients should plan on wearing the robes worn at the University’s morning ceremony.
- For Guests
The auditorium will be open at 10 am for guests. Be sure to arrive no later than 11:45 am. No tickets are needed and you will be seated on a first-come, first-basis.
Candidates who need arrangements for religious or cultural reasons should contact Julia Brady at email@example.com or 773.702.6255 before May 20.
Candidates with disabilities who need accommodations or need to make accommodation arrangements for their guests may submit requests on the RSVP form.
We do not supply wheelchairs.
|11:00 AM||Guests may be seated in auditorium|
|11:15 AM||Candidate check-in|
|11:30 AM||Candidates not checked in by 11:30 AM will not be able to participate in the ceremony|
|11:40 AM||Line-Up and instructions|
|12:00 PM||Ceremony; Reception immediately follows|
Convocation Events for Degree Students Only
Certain events are open to degree students only. For more information, visit The University of Chicago Convocation website.