The need for trained translators only continues to grow, and students can gain the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in the field in the Graham School's Translation Studies Certificate.
About the Program
The Translation Studies program is a 4-course part-time certificate focusing on legal, medical and financial translation. The program offers several benefits for students:
- Unique hybrid courses - each course is first a 3-day seminar followed by an online practicum or final project
- Students can choose from one of our six different language tracks
- Study in an ATA approved program
Courses are offered in a unique hybrid format. Each begins with a 3-day seminar followed by an online practicum or final project.
We offer 6 different possible language tracks*
- Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, and German into English
- English into Spanish.
*Students should translate into their native language; i.e., an English speaker should translate from Spanish into English.
All students are required to take Introduction to Translation Studies and Translation Tools for Business. Students who complete two required courses and two elective courses will earn a Certificate in Translation Studies. To earn the Advance Certificate students must complete two required courses and four elective courses.
- Introduction to Translation Studies
- Translation Tools for Business
- Legal Translation
- Project Management for Translators
- Medical Translation
- Financial Translation
- Building a Successful Freelance
To apply, please submit:
- Completed application form
- Statement of purpose (250 words)
- Current resume
- $40 application fee
All applicants should hold an undergraduate degree and will be asked to take an entrance exam. The entrance exam is timed and administered via email by the program coordinator. Students may not register for courses until they have passed the entrance exam.