Attention: The LSM program retired in 2015, with the final quarter of classes offered in Spring 2015. Capstone projects will be arranged on an individual basis and can extend beyond Spring 2015. If you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Build on your skills and knowledge and help prepare yourself to take the lead in sustainability. This noncredit certificate will help you manage your organization’s efforts to go and stay “green.”
About the Program
The Leadership in Sustainability Management Certificate is built on the University of Chicago Graham School’s tradition of liberal education, applied to our most pressing modern challenges. It brings together University faculty with practitioners in the field to provide courses drawing on the latest research plus real world experience.
The LSM is a 7-course program designed to be completed in one year:
- Gain broad knowledge of key sustainability topics
- Flexibility: start the program in any quarter
- Convenient downtown Chicago location
- Open to students just getting started in sustainability
- Network with sustainability practitioners
- Boost your résumé with a credential from the University of Chicago
Six 15-hour courses (meet once per week):
- Sustainable Development
- Environmental Law and Policy
- Sustainability Leadership and Change Management
- Science of Sustainability
- Environmental Economics
- Green Messaging
- Capstone Project (independent work)
Applications accepted year-round: no deadline!
- Completed application form (available online) and $40 fee
- Educational and professional résumé
- Statement of purpose (400-word limit)
At-large option: take up to two classes without applying.