Students walking on campus

Tuition, Financing, and Billing

We are here to help you find and think through ways to meet your goals. Learn more about tuition/billing and explore the options open to you to help meet your financial needs.

Billing Questions and Information

Noncredit Courses

  • Contact the Graham School Registrar at 773.702.1722 for inquiries involving tuition for noncredit courses and other fees
  • We accept payment by check, money order, Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or Discover®

Credit Courses

  • Credit students can make payments by phone (773.702.1722). Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or Discover® are accepted. A 3% fee is charged for all credit transactions
  • You may also remit payment by mail. Tuition bills are mailed during the second week of the quarter
  • Contact your program manager for questions that you have about tuition and fees


Visit the eBilling site to learn how to set up and access online payment options.

Loans/Financial Aid

Student Loan Administration

Visit the University of Chicago Student Loan Administration site for information regarding loans and financial aid.

International Students

International students may be eligible for alternative loans through a credit worthy U.S co-signer. For more information, view a List of Alternative (Private) Loan Lenders.


Student Jobs

Degree students seeking part-time employment on campus can find a variety of postings ranging from tutoring local elementary school students, research, or working in one of the University of Chicago libraries through the University’s Student Job Opportunities listings. International graduate students are eligible for up to 20 hours of student employment on campus during the academic year and full-time employment during breaks.

University Positions

The University of Chicago is the second largest private employer in Chicago. Ours is a multicultural, international community of more than 20,000 faculty and staff—each supporting UChicago’s mission of inquiry and academic excellence. Visit the jobs website for more information on job descriptions and hiring procedures.

Education Tax Credit

Useful Tax Information

There are two tax credits available to help you offset the costs of your education by reducing your income tax:

1098-T Background Information

For credit courses, your 1098-T form is used by educational institutions to report information about students to the IRS. Information on the form include: student name, address, social security number/ tax identification number, enrollment status, academic status, amount billed/paid for tuition, scholarship or grant amounts, etc.

EdAssist Education Management

Ed Assist provides tuition benefits to specific corporate partners.  If you are planning to use your employer’s relationship with Ed Assist Education Management to receive discounted tuition for Graham School classes, please identify yourself as an Ed Assist client when you enroll.  Doing so will give you a 10% tuition discount on all classes in Certificate Programs on the following list and will allow you to waive the application fee: