The University of Chicago Committee on Medical Physics will begin accepting applications for the Certificate program for the 2022 academic year in January 2022. We will not be enrolling students for Autumn 2021 admission. Thank you for your continued interest in our Certificate, and please direct all your questions to Esther Pandian-Riske.
To complete an application, students must:
- Hold a PhD in Physics with minimum 3.0 GPA. Individuals with a PhD in a closely related field (i.e., nuclear engineering) with a strong, graduate-level physics concentration will also be considered. Foreign PhD degrees must be substantiated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Complete the online application
- Write a statement of purpose
- Supply a resume/CV
- Include official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Pay a $75 non-refundable application fee
- Participate in an interview with the admissions committee, and as part of that process, make a formal presentation about research focus and current projects being undertaken. The interview process may occur in person or via webex.
All applicants will be contacted by faculty once the completed application has been received.
Questions regarding these requirements can be directed to Hania Al-Hallaq.
Please visit our Graduate Student Checklist for a list of actions to take after admission to the program. Visit the Graham School’s Student Resources page to discover numerous student-life related resources and publications.
Admissions for the program are rolling and the entering cohort is capped. To receive the best consideration, applicants are strongly advised to submit their applications by early spring. Students are only admitted for the Autumn Quarter.