Courses in the Editing certificate program are designed to prepare students to enter the publishing industry and to help current editing professionals build skills and knowledge for career advancement.
The goals of the Editing program are that every learner will effectively:
- Describe and manage the publishing process and the role and responsibility of the copy editor
- Use The Chicago Manual of Style as an editing tool
- Develop strategies for approaching an editing or proofing project
Classes are available both online and in-person at the Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago.
Editing Program Structure
- Four required courses and one elective
- Class sizes are small, ranging from 10-20 students per course
- Students can complete the certificate in as little as three quarters