The online Data Analytics for Business Professionals curriculum capitalizes on the University of Chicago’s expertise and resources in teaching analytical skills that enable students to accelerate their careers. Students learn by analyzing real business problems individually and in virtual teams while benefitting from the knowledge and experience of their instructors and peers.
Data Analytics Curriculum
- DABP12000: Data Understanding and Preparation (Online)
- DABP13000: Data Visualization and Storytelling (Online)
- DABP14000: Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning (Online)
*Order of Completion: DABP12000 > DABP13000 > DABP14000
Elective Course (Optional)
The courses include online course content, activities, and assessments. In addition, classes will meet virtually in a weekly one-hour synchronous session where students interact with the course instructor and each other. This combination of content accessible anytime combined with weekly synchronous sessions provides flexibility, while assuring that students enjoy the benefits of the interactive learning experience.
Program Structure and Class Formats
- The Data Analytics for Business Professionals certificate consists of three required online courses. The sequence of three online core courses are structured along the CRISP-DM methodology.
- As a supplement to the three core courses, students may elect to take Business Management and Project Planning course, but it is not required.
- Each course takes six weeks to complete and follows similar modular weekly organization.
- Courses follow the same dataset and use one case throughout program completion. This structure is deliberately built to provide students with a repeatable and actionable toolkit to be able to frame business challenges into a data science solution and build executable business plans.
- Students will be able to construct a project plan and learn the essentials of analytical management necessary to drive project success.