The Biomedical Informatics and Threat and Response Management programs host workshops and events to support the student experience.
- In conjunction with the UChicago Writing Program team, programs host sessions to provide foundational guidance on how to successfully structure an academic research paper.
- Program specific workshops held by Capstone Writing instructors assist students with in-depth recommendations for writing final papers.
- UChicago Librarians join new student Orientation to provide an overview of Library services.
- Programs coordinate additional workshops with Librarians to discuss specific research support tools available to students.
Resume and Cover Letter Workshops
- Programs coordinate resume and cover letter workshops in conjunction with UChicago Grad colleagues.
- Students may sign-up for additional one-on-one sessions through UChicago Grad to discuss networking and interviewing skills.
- Additional employment fairs and events are coordinated and hosted throughout the year by UChicago Grad.
- Seminars scheduled throughout the academic year provide students with exposure to the wide range of opportunities in the field and cover special topics of interest.
- Guest lecturers and alumni are invited to speak to students and present on their career trajectory, a project they are currently working on, or give an overview of their position/perspective on the field.
- Programs host multiple social events throughout the year, offering opportunities to meet and talk with fellow students in a casual, relaxed atmosphere.