Learning and professional development doesn’t end once you graduate and neither does your time at the University of Chicago. The Alumni Scholar program gives Master of Science in Analytics graduates the opportunity to continue their education by returning to their program to take additional courses at a significant discount.
To be eligible for the Alumni Scholar program, you must be a graduate of the MSc in Analytics program.
As an Alumni Scholar, you are eligible to take classes in the MScA program. You cannot take discounted courses in other programs.
Alumni Scholars have full access to University of Chicago Library resources and will have an active CNetID and university ID card during the terms they are registered for classes. Alumni Scholars are also eligible for student health insurance programs.
Course schedules are available in Class Search.
Priority enrollment is given to students who are currently completing their degree. Course registration for Alumni Scholars will open after University Registration week.
Alumni Scholars must complete any required pre-requisites before enrolling in a course.
First course: Free
Subsequent courses: $2,500 per course (2018/19 Academic Year).
Tuition for subsequent courses is subject to increase in future academic years.
How to apply
To become an Alumni Scholar, you need to complete a short application. Applications will be approved by the MScA Program Director. Applications are approved on a rolling basis.
Quick Facts About the Program
- The Alumni Scholars benefit can only be applied towards elective and core courses.
- Courses must be completed in-person. There is no online or distance learning option available.
- Performance will be graded, and students are expected to complete all coursework with a grade of B- or higher.
- Audits will only be approved if you have completed the course for credit previously.
- To withdraw, you must contact your Program Manager via email at email@example.com.
- Withdrawal at any point will result in forfeiture of the free course benefit.
- New and returning Alumni Scholars need to submit a course registration request for every quarter they plan to take a course.
- Alumni Scholars will be registered for courses by program staff.
Spring 2019 (April 1 – June 15, 2019)
- University Registration Week: March 4 – 8, 2019
- Deadline for new Alumni Scholar applications: March 11, 2019
- Deadline for Alumni Scholar course registration requests: March 22, 2019
Summer 2019 (June 24 – August 31, 2019)
- University Registration Week: May 20 – 24, 2019
- Deadline for new Alumni Scholar applications: May 27, 2019
- Deadline for Alumni Scholar course registration requests: June 3, 2019