Graduate Student-at-Large-1

Graduate Student-at-Large

Tuition, Fees, and Funding

Tuition and Fees 2018–2019

Tuition and Fees displayed are for the 2018-2019 academic year.

Graduate Student-at-Large course* $3,275
Returning Scholar Course $2,155
Lifetime Transcript fee (all registered students) $75
Student Activity fee $388
Student Health Insurance (may be waived with proof of comparable coverage) $1,205 per quarter ($3,615 annual cost)
Service fee for any tuition or fees paid via credit card 3%

* International Students needing an F1 visa from the Graham School may only apply for the Graduate Student-at-Large (GSAL) program and must be registered for three courses per quarter to maintain full-time status.

Financial Aid

GSAL is a part-time, non-degree program. International students must be enrolled full-time (3 courses per academic quarter) to be eligible for F1 visa status. Students enrolled in the program are not eligible for any University grants, scholarships, and most federal financial aid. Student loans may be available through the Student Loan Administration and the Maroon Financial Credit Union. Students are encouraged to explore all possible options. We also encourage you to seek scholarship opportunities from your undergraduate institution’s career services office.


Check or money order: payment and billing schedule information at the Office of the Bursar.

Credit Card: You may call the Graham School registrar at 773.702.1722 Monday-Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. You will need your 6-digit student ID number in addition to your bill. Please note that a 3% service fee applies to credit card payments.

University tuition payment plans are not available to GSAL students.

University Staff Employee Tuition Remission

Benefits-eligible staff employees may apply for a tuition remission for courses taken through GSAL. The University will pay up to 50% of the tuition for up to two courses per quarter, at either the graduate or undergraduate level. The Staff Tuition Assistance Benefit form should be submitted directly to the University Benefits Office.